07 December 2007

Ho Ho Ho Time

It seems a little strange, I guess, but this afternoon I loaded up Jordan, Ashley (the nurse), Avery, & Kate, and we went to the dentist for a Christmas party. Even nana Noma joined the fun. It was actually really sweet. They all got to sit on Santa's lap, and there also was coloring, face painting, a bean bag toss for prizes, and of course, cookies & milk (at the dentist office!!). The girls all had a good time, and Jordan was the star of the party. The hygienists (elves) were absolutely fawning over her. She even got her face painted, too (and here I was worried about the sensory issues that might cause, but she handled it well). Jordan, Kate, & I all got candy canes on our faces, but Avery wanted a dinosaur. Not very Christmas-y, but I guess that's her "thing" right now. Avery also insisted on wearing her Santa hat, and to be honest, she wears it frequently these days. She's got the spirit!

When we were done at the party they ran around the lobby for a little while, burning off some of the cookie sugar. I finally got them to stand next to the tree for a few seconds.

No comments: