10 December 2007

Christmas At The Fort

Fort Vancouver (Washington), that is. Or, as Avery kept calling it, "the tent." Just a little glitch in vocabulary for an almost-4-year-old. I thought it was sweet.

Fort Vancouver is a National Historic Site, and was once part of the Hudson's Bay Company. During the holiday season the volunteers dress up & provide lots of trading-life activities for kids. Avery got to play with toys, and even make a few (a top, a strawberry pin cushion/tree ornament, and a holly wreath). We climbed to the top of the bastion, and listened to bag pipers playing Christmas songs. Jordan tagged along in the backpack, which she really seems to enjoy these day. And of course, I had my camera. Here are a few of my favorites from the day, but I also set up an album to save space.

The first (and only) picture using the timer on my new camera-- and it wasn't too bad, either!
Mt HoodAvery made a holly wreath, but it was "too pokey" for her to wear. Devon was a trouper.
Jordan, however, wasn't a fan of the wreath, either.

No comments: