22 October 2007

What To Do, What To Say

It's strange, usually finding words is not a problem for me -- now, whether they are the right words, or whether I'm putting my foot in my mouth is a different story.

But despite my silence here on the blog, my head has been spinning, and not in a good way I suppose. I'm very worried about my dad and his failing health, and have found myself a little overwhelmed with the whole situation. So, being 8 hours away, one way to deal with it is to ignore it. But, I can't really seem to do that either. And I can't seem to figure out how to spend the extra time I want to be spending there, while at the same time taking care of Jordan & Avery here. So, I just keep going around in circles in my head until it's too exhausted to think or speak. Whaddya do?

Despite all this worry, we haven't been idle around here. I have tons of photos to share -- soon I hope! More great pictures from last weekend with my dad. Decorating pumpkins. Making Halloween cookies. Washing my cats (that should have been videotaped to preserve the bizarre meowing noises they were making). And trying to restore my computer back to working order*. Devon started painting downstairs so that the ceiling and walls can be done before we install the new tile in the hallway. And I had to clean out all of the too small clothes from the girls drawers, and go shopping for bigger shirts for Jordan. Never a dull moment, eh?!

And the big downer of the weekend IN our house: our glorious, workhorse Nikon finally used up it's 9th life when Avery dropped it on the floor last night. Now I have to get a new camera sorted out before we hit the pumpkin patch for our annual trip on Tuesday. Grrrrrrrrrr.

So, perhaps if I get to bed in the next few minutes I'll be able to get up and post some fun, cool pictures tomorrow at some point. Pictures, afterall, are worth a thousand words, and are certainly more entertaining than my drivel. I guess I better clean up the diaper bag mess in the middle of the floor first, though. Does the fun ever end?

*Note: HP Support has NEVER fixed a single thing I have asked for help with -- even with their own software programs. Grrrrrr. The other day I tried to get help so I could watch Grey's Anatomy on line, and after step 1 of 3 from HP Support, Devon had to completely re-install my system! Step 1 completely killed the thing!! Grrrrrr. But now he's got it up and running to close to 100% again -- nothing like wasting all your "free" time for 2 weeks on something like that.

1 comment:

Julie, Jeff, Jack, WIll and Jasper said...

Wow- you guys are always unbelievably busy. I wish for your sake that you could do everything, but you know you are doing lots for your dad and I am sure he appreciates all of it. Most of all I am sure he is touched by all the love you are showing and all the happy moments you are spending together, even though some of them have been provoked by his illness. You are such a caring person. We all know it and appreciate it and love you for it!

Are you getting nursing care?
Your new camera looks lovely. Is it digital? Probably! Looks very nice. I expect your photo output to incease by at least 160%.