28 January 2009

1 Month Old

Birkeley turned 1 month old today. I wanted to take some pictures in the sunlight, but since we didn't have any sunlight (in fact, I woke up to ~2 inches of snow, but it melted away by mid-afternoon), I had to settle for OMSI light (while the girls were off playing, see below).

It's been a wonderful, tiring month. The tiring is obvious -- "Newborn Fog" as my friend Kelly calls it. But the wonderful is rejuvenating. It's totally worth the exhaustion and juggling. It's such a relief to have a healthy baby that does things he's supposed to do. After a week or two I completely quit worrying that he might have neurological problems like Jordan, and now I just bask in the positive energy his existence has brought to the house. He's so strong & expressive, and growing like a bad weed (I weighed him on our scales tonight and he was 9.8 pounds -- making me wonder if our scales are right!). We're so lucky to have him!

Mostly Birke just slept, slept, slept through the whole OMSI experience.
I did get a few with his eyes open, and some funny faces, too.

2 comments:

Julie, Jeff, Jack, WIll and Jasper said...

What a little chub! That is awesome news!

Mauni said...

What a handsome little man!! I am so glad to hear all is well!