09 April 2008

Cast Days, Continued


Life in a cast hasn't been too bad on us. It'll be four weeks tomorrow since she ad her surgery, and 2 weeks yesterday until it comes off (that's 29 April - woohoo). But Jordan has been a trooper about it all. And since putting the duct tape on, at least the cast is staying dry (not the moleskin, but we can pull it off & replace it frequently). So, yeah, there's a bit of an odor thing, but nothing like it was during the first week before we taped it up.

Hangin' out in the living room
I'd rather play with my balloon, please!
And of course, there are hours and hours of banana-bag eating. We're trying to do "biter bisquits" now, and I did buy a mango on Sunday at the supermarket, but we're waiting for it to ripen. However, she wasn't too happy about the sweet potatoes the other day, so I'm not sure how she'll go for the mango. She isn't a huge fan of avocado, either, but there are only so many foods that don't get juicy when you chew on them.
I think she's going through a growth spurt, great timing, eh? We're just hoping that when we go in on the 29th to get the cast off, it hasn't been too loose around her hip. . . . I've talked to the orthopedists nurse a few times about this, and she thinks, based on my phone description, that everything will be fine! I hope so! Ahhhhh, time for a mini-bath. She seems to like this, but it does take a few hands. Avery was thrilled tonight to help Robin & especially to get to run the nozzle. . . .

No comments: