09 April 2008

Bowling 'Em Over

On Sunday we decided to go bowling. Avery did think it was fun, but it certainly took along time to get the hang of it. Luckily the lanes are set up with automatic bumpers for kids, so we didn't have to worry about that, but once she got the ball rolling, it did take aaallllooooonnnnggggg time for the ball to roll all the way down to the pins. I mean along time. (Wait until I get around to downloading the Flip Video)

I was feeling a little too competitive and had to keep reminding myself that I wasn't in Junior Bowling League when I was a kid (yes, Devon won both games, but hey, it wasn't about winning or losing, it was how much fun we had watching balls roll for 3 minutes down a lane).

Hmmmm, this isn't too heavy (6 pounds), perhaps I should pass it down the lane like a basketball (yes, she did "throw" it once, yikes!).
Nope, I'll kick it (Devon stopped her)
Okay, I'll do it the boring way and roll it like this
There it goes. . .
. . . and goes . . .
. . . and goes . . .
. . . finally! She ended up scoring 66 on the first game, and 54 on the second -- not bad for her first time, I thought
at home she got more snuggles from Mojave -- they're really getting to be good friends these days, and we're still so amazed we keep grabbing the camera every time we see them together

No comments: