28 December 2008

My Favorite (Birkeley) Things

Birke in a very newborn Avery-like pose (I wish I had some old pics of them for comparison). She did the crooked bottom lip thing, too.

Devon is home with the girls for the night, so Birkeley & I are hangin' at the hospital watching The Sound Of Music. I thought it was appropriate to share a couple of my favorite Birke things. . . .

Favorite thing 1. Crying & fussiness! I'm probably the only mom here that loves to hear her baby fuss for food, diapers, burps, and just because. It's such a relief!
Favorite Thing 2. Sucking -- not only is he eating like a monster (yeah), his suck is very strong, and he loves fingers too. Devon even managed to get him sucking on his own fingers for an hour today. Yippee!

8 comments:

Julie, Jeff, Jack, WIll and Jasper said...

So sweet sucking on his fingers! We all know what a good mama cow you are so Berkeley should be well satisfied! Little sweetie looks much better today all cleaned up and rosie.

Astrid said...

That's amazing he can already get his fingers to his mouth! Bring on the Ahhhhhs... (or whatever Avery called them!)

The Driver Dairy is back in Business!

Kelly said...

Shame on me for being out of the loop long enough for you to have a BABY?!?! Crazy!

How wonderful though! I'm so glad you guys took the plunge...and a boy! How exciting!

Congratulations to you all :D

Anonymous said...

HOORAY! Congratulations to all! I am so thrilled for you, Leslie, and your descriptions of relief at Birke's normal behaviors brings tears to my eyes. He looks absolutely perfect. Hopefully we'll get to see him soon.
Your office-mate,
Andrea

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Leslie and Devon!! Bryan told me the great news yesterday. I'm so happy that Birke and "mom" are both doing so well. He is a beautiful little guy.

Love to all,
Cathy

Anonymous said...

Avery,
I glad you got a baby brother. He is special to and all. See you at the Fair

Anwyn Anderberg

Anonymous said...

Avery,
I am glad you have a new baby brother. He is special to you and all. See you at the Fair

Anwyn Anderberg

Anonymous said...

Leslie, I can really sense your relief in all that Birke does. I understand after all that you have gone through with Jordan that many of the "normal" things bring you relief. I am sure that you really do appreciate the 'crying" as I am sure that it has been a long time since you experienced such joy. Take care and love that boy, Julia